Saturday, September 16, 2006

Wisteria Gardens

Well no blog update yesterday because I wasted my time trying to customize the appearance of this page then I had to undo most of what I'd done because it wouldn't work in IE (I use Firefox).
Today though we have lots of photos (don't groan).
We took Alex to Wisteria Gardens today. Last year I promised myself that this year he would be walking by now and I'd be able to take photos of him standing in the flower beds surrounded by flowers. Well he just scraped in with the walking bit in time and I had envisaged him in denim overalls without a shirt and holding a spade but it wasn't hot enough for him to go shirtless and we don't have a spade. He doesn't need a spade to destroy the flowers anyway.
Alex had a great time walking around and shredding any flowers he could reach, only hampered by people wanting to pick him up and cuddle him. He got to munch on a gingerbread man too.
I was using my 90mm prime lens mostly which meant I had to keep backing up to fit Alex in the shot, then he would follow me and I'd have to keep running back. Either that or he'd get close to something he shouldn't, like the edge of a drop and I'd have to move up to catch him then repeat the whole backing away for a photo thing all over again. It was great exercise :P
I have a heap of photos to go through, besides Alex, I have some flower photos too. The flowers this year weren't as good as last year (which weren't as good as the year before) but I still got some photos.


Here's the stall where my cards are for sale and some quick snaps (while they weren't looking) of Ramesh and Rachel who are manning the stall, and a pair of funny characters enjoying the sun.








....and here is my beautiful beautiful boy walking, laughing, shredding flowers and all worn out having a drink in his pram!

Almost forgot the news from last night, Alex stood up on his own without holding on to anything for the first time. A bit more practice at that and he will be able to get everywhere without crawling. Wow what a mess this is, I just can't get this formating to work.

No comments: