Saturday, September 09, 2006

Just playing

Just playing around.
I thought it would be fun to look back at the photos I was taking this time last year and post one here but I've burnt all the photos prior to the end of Sept 2005 off to DVD and I couldn't be bothered hunting down the DVDs. So I went back to 2004. I had a different camera then and haven't burnt off all those photos yet. I found a lovely photo of a pregnancy test stick. The weekend after fathers day 2004 was when I got my positive pregnancy test for Alex. In a way it was Alex's first photo. I remember I tested the week before and was disappointed not to be able to tell Graham he was going to be a dad on fathers day. The following weekend it was my brothers surprise 30th birthday party so he got the news he was going to be an Uncle for his birthday.
Not a good idea for me to share that photo here, my mother might get the wrong idea if she saw it without reading the explanation.
So I played with the one of Alex reading from other day. I think this effect kinda emphasizes that it was a snapshot.
The blue one is from a series of smoke photos I did. Yes it really is smoke, just recoloured.
The photos of Graham are stolen moments. He doesn't like me taking his photo. I have about as many photos of Graham as I have of myself. The only way I can get him to stay still for a photo for me is to tell him I need a model to test my light settings, and then he usually sits there with his eyes closed because he hates the flashes. If I'm lucky I get one like this, caught him in between reverse blinks. I like this photo. I did a grainy b/w conversion. Not sure which version I prefer so here's both.


No comments: