Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little weed

Long update part 1
Well so much for daily updates.
I tried to update this the other night but for some reason I couldn't connect. Then last night was camera club so it was midnight before I sat down to the computer and I was really not in the mood to do anything more than check my mail at that time.
So here's a day time update while Alex is down for his nap. We had playgroup today so Alex has been very busy and should sleep well for a few hours.
Firstly here's the photos I wanted to post on Tuesday.
This is a weed I can see from kitchen window. I wanted to get a photo of it Monday but as the sun gets higher the flowers close up and I didn't get outside in time. It was very windy anyway so would have been hard to focus. So Tuesday morning I was outside in my dressing gown taking photos of weeds before Alex woke up. The neighbours probably think I'm nuts but I had this picture in my head and really wanted to capture it. I wanted to capture the detail in the spiky bits and blur the background with a shallow depth of field but it was hard to get the detail in the dark greens without out blowing out the bright yellow flower that was almost glowing.
I got these just in time though because yesterday they were gone. The rosellas that have been visiting this week decided to prune my weeds. I was watching out the window when one of them landed on the weed then ripped the whole top off (about a foot, yes I have tall weeds) and dropped it on the ground. Then the cheeky bird flew off before I could get out there with my camera and shoot him.

No comments: