Thursday, September 13, 2007

Krispy Kreme Kurious

Just a quick 'cause it's been a busy day and we were out tonight.
Todays HSMS is curious
'Eager to know or learn. Find 'curious' in your space today'
Naturally my first thought was killing the cat but I restrained myself.
My curious shot is from tonights outing.
We were invited to a special launch at Penrith Krispy Kreme for a new doughnut. Turns out it wasn't really a launch, more like a preview and we were the guinea pigs.
It's a choc glazed doughnut. Like the original glazed but with a chocolate glaze. The chocolate glaze doesn't taste like chocolate, it just tastes like icing sugar with a bit of cocoa. We got to try them fresh and hot and it really wasn't worth it. Not something I'd buy. They were too soft and sticky and pretty tasteless. Might be better a bit cooler when they've set a bit.
Alex wouldn't even taste his.
I didn't take the camera with me but when I saw everyone lined up at the window to watch the first of the new doughnuts being coated in chocolate I thought it would be a good shot for curious so I asked Graham to take these shots with his mobile phone. The colour/quality was pretty bad so I converted to B/W. Alex was standing on the wall so he could see :)

5 comments:

Hazel said...

What a shame that the doughnuts weren't that good. Terrific photos considering they were taken on a mobile - good idea to put into b and w

Terry said...

Good old black and white to the rescue. I do the same thing. Great shots considering they are from a cell phone. Nice

Bobs said...

Fabby photos! Everyone looks filled with curiosity! Pity they weren't really all that good.

Nat said...

Fab pics! My idea of heaven would be being invited to a preview of a new donut lol!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Fab photos for the prompt. oooh I can just smell those donuts mmmm