Friday, September 07, 2007

Feast

Wow what a day.
Alex was awake very early, way before Graham's alarm went off, thanks to a street sweeper truck that was doing the rounds this morning, several times. Once in each direction on our street and we also get to hear it on the street behind us. Not nice to be awoken that early.
So I checked HSMS for the word of the day before I fed Alex, just in case it was something like 'mess' I could make fit his breakfast. It was too early but I did find an email telling saying my photo had won for this week at Pink Ink Studios. Woohoo! $50US to spend on their products and there's a few I've have my eye on over the last couple of weeks.
Choices choices!
That was such a nice way to start the day. Plus Graham actually got Alex up for me so I could wash my hair! So I started the day feeling extra fresh and like a winner :) I didn't even mind the pile of washing from his nightly leaky nappy or the fact that it was rainy so there was no point doing the washing.
Then we had a visitor to drop off some products I am doing a home testing survey on. I don't think I'm allowed to say what they are but it will be interesting and as part of it they've asked me to take photos. How could I resist :) They might be a bit surprised with the effort I put into the photos.
Then my parents came over and the sun came out. Alex loves having his grandparents visit and I love having someone else entertain him for a change and wear him out. He got tired and silly so they didn't stay long and then he went down for a nap and gave me a few hours break.
This afternoon I watched my brother cycle to work. At least it could have been my brother, couldn't really tell but it was nice to have that 'contact'. He lives in Sweden and there is a webcam that shows part of his route to work.
He worked out what time he would be going past so we can watch him.
Maybe tomorrow Alex will be awake and I can show him the little dot flying across the screen and tell him it's his Uncle Jim.
Todays HSMS is 'feast'.
'A large meal or a plentiful supply, show us 'feast' in your space today.'
Hmmm doesn't quite go with the left over 0 point soup I was defrosting for lunch and dinner. So when I realised it wasn't going to be defrosted in time, I then had the 3 perfect excuses for take-away for dinner. I like to have 3 reasons for things.
1 - the soup wouldn't defrost in time
2 - I needed a feast to photograph and
3 - I am so sick of eating vegetable soup!
So I asked Graham to bring home Chinese. Yum :)
All I had to do then was resist eating and save my weight watcher points until dinner time. I couldn't even risk looking at anyone else's feast photos in case they drove me to the fridge.
I didn't expect Graham to be 3 hours late coming home!
I was starving.
He got home and I quickly dished up and took some feast photos before we could eat. I was too hungry to bother trying to get good photos and the food was cold but I didn't want to wait for it to heat up. I get cranky when I'm hungry. I didn't notice until I downloaded the photos that his coffee had a heart on it and mine had a playboy bunny :)

Alex was tired and ready for bed by the time Graham got home but he wouldn't go down. So he sat up and ate some Chinese, then some custard and milk before bed. I'd forgotten that all his winter PJs were in the wash after a run of leaky nappies so we had to dig out his long summer PJs. He hasn't worn them since winter started and I wasn't sure they would fit. They are a close fit, not too tight though. It was funny seeing him in 'skinny' PJs, with his big belly sticking out, so I got the camera out and he had fun posing for a few photos before bed. He didn't want to stop but he is finally asleep now.


Graham took these photos. Alex was laughing so hard he went red.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Rebecca!! Nice to 'see' you! Alex looks great leaping around in his PJ's!! :o) Your feast looks really yum - I hope we don't get an edible prompt tomorrow - I've felt hungry all day!! :o)

I do live in Worcs now - since 1986, but I am a Manchester gal by birth, and at heart!

Sarah Youde said...

Great photographs!

Bobs said...

Your 'feast'looks soooooo tasty! Love the coffee pictures too!

Katy said...

That sure is a feast! Yum!

Hazel said...

I love all of the pictures of Alex. As for the feast pictures - great selection - and love the heart.

Sarah said...

Yum, I love chinese takeaway. Glad you got the little fella to sleep - looks like he was having way too much fun for bed!

Terrie Farrell said...

Well done on your competition win. Chinese...oooh i love. BTW Auntie Bessies are Yorkshire Puddings. X