Monday, September 03, 2007

For for

Today I decided to cook up a pot full of my '0 points' soup to help with the diet. After lunch at Mom's yesterday I needed to be extra careful with the diet today.
The pot of veg looked so good I took a photo :)

Then Alex wanted his photo taken! Normally it's hard to even get him to look at me when I have the camera out but this time he wanted photos of 'A'. So I had to take his photo and then show him then do it 'again again'. He even gave me a cheesy grin when I said smile. I've never told him to smile for a photo before so it may have been a coincidence but it was very cute :)
Not so cute was the tantrum he threw when I stopped taking photos for him.
There wasn't a lot of light so I had to crank the ISO up to 1600 for these but I wasn't aiming for good photos anyway, just amusing boy wonder.
He has a cold and has been very snotty today so while he was his usual cheerful self most of the day he was also prone to quick tantrums.


Today's HSMS is Fall.
'To move downwards rapidly. Show us 'fall' in your space today.'
My first thought was to follow Alex around with the camera because he is bound to fall eventually but a quicker solution was to ask him to build me a tower. He likes knocking the towers over so all I had to do was sit down and keep telling him to add 'one more block' until they fell or he pushed them. We did this a few times until he got a bit to forceful and the blocks started bouncing of the window.


Alex has some cute new sock/shoes. They are socks with built in soles or shoes with built in socks. They are perfect for Alex to wear around the house as slippers but he didn't want to wear them today. As I was putting them on him he kept saying 'for, for'. Took me a while to realise he was saying 'fall'. He was trying to tell me he would fall over if he wore them. So I showed him the sole and explained it wasn't slippery and he would be OK. Didn't work. So I showed him the little 'made in China' sticker on the bottom and explained that if I pulled them off then the shoes would stick to the ground. He watched very carefully and examined the stickers after I took them off and felt the sticky residue (I didn't know there would be any) on the bottom of the shoes. Then when I stood him on the ground he took a few test steps and was pretty happy with the sticky noise they made and was obviously reassured cause he was off and running. Not sure how much of the conversation he understood but it certainly seemed like he understood and it is sooooo good when we can understand each other and have conversations. He is so clever :)

7 comments:

Bobs said...

Great shots for 'fall'!

Anonymous said...

Love how you caught the action of the fall.

Anonymous said...

Great photos Rebecca... the 'fall' ones are brilliant :)

Hazel said...

Great colourful 'fall' photos!

Terrie Farrell said...

Well done, you've just reminded me of a photo i have that i could use now! Thanks! X

Charli said...

I have been looking at a few of your pics and they are all fab - they are all bright and full of colour - love images like these!

Pam said...

great fall action shots.