Saturday, September 15, 2007

2 in 1

Well yesterdays HSMS was 'tweezers'.
'An instrument for picking up small objects. Find tweezers in your space today.'
So I got out my unset stones and my tweezers and took some photos last night when Alex went to bed but then I was too busy to upload them so I'm uploading them tonight along with todays HSMS which is Self Portrait Saturday.
I don't have the right sort of tweezers for picking up stones and I was so scared of scratching them but I can't resist an excuse to photograph my sparklies :)
This is a half carat irradiated blue which I intend to set one day when I stop spending my money on Alex and cameras. (or start making money with the camera).

Then I wanted to take a tweezer photo of the big stone that lives on my keyboard but it was too big for the tweezers.

So Graham came up with some tweezers that fit. (that's his hand)
So funny :)

Now for my SPS here's me showing what I normally do with my tweezers.

Yesterday my big photo order arrived with all the wedding photos so I spent most of last night sorting them. All the 6x4's are in an album, enlargements are all trimmed and flattened (they were shipped rolled), the digital files are on a cd in web res and print res and I also made a web page for the photos so they can show family and friends overseas. The only thing I forgot to do was burn the monogram I designed for their invitations to CD but I can do that bit later.
The big 20x30" metallic turned out beautiful but we couldn't work out how to wrap it for them without rolling it so Graham (feeling generous after his pay review) gave me permission to frame it. So today we went back to Ikea and picked up a nice big (and cheapish) frame. We also dropped off photos to Graham's Mom.
Alex loves Ikea so two trips in one week was a real treat. Here he is all dressed up ready to go out (except his shoes). He hasn't worn these trousers before because he doesn't have enough of a waist to keep them up but they are getting short on him so we made him wear braces. I thought he looked so handsome I had to take a photo :)
Actually he had a few admirers at the shops too.

Here's the finished photo all framed and ready to go and Alex waving bye bye.

and the bad news...
we got home, desperate for a coffee, started brewing and the group on the machine shattered. The group is the metal holder the portafilter (coffee holder) twists into. Not something you expect to break, it's all one piece of solid metal! I got out the paperwork and the machine is 3 years and 1 week old so no warranty. Hopefully we can get a new group for it. We emailed the company we purchased it from and I think there are a few importers in Melbourne who have parts for this model. Problem is we are suffering without our real coffee. I got out one of our old turkish coffee pots but it's not the same at all.

9 comments:

Bobs said...

My son was exactly the same when he was small - he always had to wear braces!

Love your tweezer shot and today's SP. Both fab!

Terry said...

Your pictures are wonderful, combining the 2 prompts was a good idea. Your little guy is soooo cute. I rectified leaving Australia out of my list, I have added it. I tried to remember where people were from but as it was around 2:00 am my mind was a lacking a bit.

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the tweezers for the big stone!! fab photos and your little one looks so cute all dressed up for his outing :)

Unknown said...

Seriously jealous of your sparklies! Fantastic shots x

Hazel said...

Great pictures!

Charli said...

Love your shots Rebecca! And I love your banner for your blog, its cool!

Louise said...

love the tweezer shots, and very clever to combine the two promts:)

Sue said...

Great set of shots . . . lol at the large tweezers!!! :D

Good idea to frame the photo. It does look fabulous. You must be so pleased.

DS now 14 always had to wear braces and we had all sorts of designs from Thomas to bold stripes.

I love Ikea but a £10 shop quickly turns in to £100 !!!

Sue

Pam said...

I mustn't have been to your blog in a while. Just got all caught up - beautiful photos of the water park. Great tweezers with the gems. The 'kisses' were good ones.