Monday, October 23, 2006

Handbags and oranges

On Saturday we went to Mom and Dads. The plan was to visit them, then on the way home stop in at a Sydney Cruising event. We spent the afternoon at Moms and Dads, Alex had a nap, we had dinner and then we headed home. It started raining on the way home and Alex started screaming. Don't know if it was the rain scaring him, after all rain is a rare event and it's not often he is out in it, or his belly hurting or something else. We stopped and checked his nappy and tried to settle him but ended up having to drive the rest of the way home with him screaming. Obviously all plans of a night out were scrapped. He was fine as soon as we got home. Had a nappy change (he was only wet), had a drink and went to bed.
Dad finished mounting my large prints while we were there. They look stunning. He has already hung the walking one on the wall but the beach one I'm keeping was too big to fit in the car so we had to leave it there. Dad will bring it over when they visit next. I think I'm going to hang it over the TV so I can see it every time I sit on the lounge.
I had plans for a particular photo of Alex I wanted to get in Moms garden but it was overcast and freezing by the time we got there so there was no way I was going to try to pose Alex anywhere. He did have a walk around the garden though and a play on the swing and I followed him with the camera. It was almost dark when I took these photos so most of them have motion blur.
Mom gave Alex a red handbag to play with (not that odd, Teletubby Tinky Winky has a handbag after all) and Alex put the handbag in the wheelbarrow to take it for a walk.


In his swing with an orange.



He found the hose but had to put his orange down to pick up the hose.
He gave up on the hose because it wasn't on and took his orange for a walk again.

Where ever he is he always finds a door.

Shots through the shed windows. The things hanging/standing in front of the window are my some of my glass art.

I love this photo. I don't think anyone else would like it and there is an awful lot wrong with it but it's given me ideas. It needs to be retaken with a bit less clutter and better focus and some posing. That's Graham and Alex inside and Mom and Dad's reflection in the window.

Mom has some beautiful roses and they are flowering like mad.

No comments: