Thursday, October 12, 2006

Anniversary with Bogans

I'm still working through a back log of photos so I think it's about time I covered our wedding anniversary from 2 weeks ago.
It was Friday the 29th Sept and I booked a night away for us at the same place we got married 4 years ago. I couldn't get the same chalet but I did get the one next to it.
We went out for dinner first with Mom and Dad in Windsor. We had a really nice meal but Alex was tired out and got a bit excitable. He was also a bit weird about cars after driving over in Grahams car so we had a few tears. Alex sat in a high chair (when he wasn't running around) and played at putting food into a paper cup and spooning it back out. It kept him amused enough for us to get a chance to eat. The food was beautiful. I ended up feeling so full!

Graham surprised me at dinner with a ring! OK so it was a ring I've been waiting for but I wasn't expecting it then. It's in exchange for some photos I took for a friend who's a jeweler. I provided the stones and he made a beautiful yellow and white gold setting for them. I bought the stones years ago, pre Alex, so I've been waiting a long time to be able to wear them. I originally bought the matching 1ct side stones for a pair of earrings but I was persuaded to go flash and set them all in a ring. It is very flash and I love it! The center stone is a light yellow Asscher cut. The yellow gold sets off the colour of the stone beautifully. Of course I have a lot less occasions to wear something this fancy now but I'm sure I'll find some :)



Then we (sort of) settled Alex in at Mom and Dad's and headed off to Loxley


I couldn't help worrying about Alex and how Mom and Dad would cope but he did settle eventually and slept well.
We had roses, chocolates and champagne waiting in our chalet.
So we did what everyone does (don't they) on a romantic anniversary weekend. We ate the chocolates, put the bathrobes on (over our clothes cause it was freezing outside) and went out to the balcony to take photos :)

We had planned on taking photos of the stars, thinking we would be far enough away from the city to avoid light pollution but Loxley is well lit at night. It's very pretty but plays havoc with night shots so we had to content ourselves with photos of the Bogan moths diving into the flood light.

I liked the way the statue looked in front of the pool lights.





 
Check out those Bogans!


I took photos of our shadows on the wall (see there is a use for flood lights). I call this a blueprint for love (corny I know).




 
Then we had a nice long soak in the spa while moaning about how full we were. We didn't even get to open the champagne because we were so stuffed. We slept with the curtains open and the sunrise was beautiful, early but beautiful. I lay in bed thinking I should really get up and take photos of this but it was very early and I couldn't be bothered moving.
We had a beautiful breakfast delivered to us, no coffee though other than the instant stuff in the room. Mom bought Alex up to us and we showed him where Mom and Dad got married.











Here we are at the same spot 4 years ago.







We were going to take Alex out for coffee with us but he started crying as soon as we got near Grahams car so Mom took him home with her and we went out to enjoy a final hour to ourselves :)
Was a really nice break even if it was just for one night.
We still have the champagne in the fridge to enjoy later.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Wow.. has it really been 4 years?!

Amazing.