Friday, October 13, 2006

The meeting of the Moms

Got to meet some of the Austprem moms and kids today at Tuggerah!
Things didn't go quite to plan. I had anticipated taking lots of photos and then a trip to the beach and lots more photos. As it was I took 2 photos and those I didn't like.
Alex had a great time at the Chipmunks play centre. He was running all over the place. There was so much to for him to see there. We'll have to see if there is a place like that here and maybe go on a school day so there's less big kids to bowl him over :)
He kept me busy fetching him away from the older play areas which unfortunately meant I didn't get much of a chance to sit and chat to the other moms. I could have just left him in the toddler play pen but I didn't feel comfortable doing that without watching him and I couldn't see him from where we were sitting. I could had got Mom and Dad to take him shopping with them but then he would have missed all the fun.
Hopefully there'll be more meetups with the Austprem moms and next time I'll make sure Alex has a nap first.
Alex was up early this morning for the trip and of course didn't have a morning nap so he was half asleep all the way there. Then after running riot for a while he was well and truly ready for nap but he just wont stop of his own accord, he just gets more hyper when he is tired so we get a mix of extreme excitement and crankiness. So we didn't stick around all day and didn't even get to go to the beach. It was very hot though so the beach wasn't a good idea anyway.
He stayed awake all the way home. He was really fighting it but as soon as his Grandparents left he went straight to bed and slept for 2 hours.

So no photos from today but here's some of him enjoying himself at his Grandparents a few weeks ago.

Someone fed Alex a chocolate biscuit.



And here's photos of his uncle Jim when he fell victim to the same chocy biscuit pusher, many, many years ago (sorry Jim).








No he's not scared of the camera, he's sucking the water off his hands.


and finally here's my cheeky monkey. I know his Grandma hates this photo but I love it. It shows his personality. He was in the bath and licking water off his face.

No comments: