Sunday, August 26, 2007

Self Portrait Saturday

There's a blog called Her Space : My Space
which I like to read/look at. It looks like fun so I thought I'd play along. I always like challenges and a daily photo subject challenge may help the creative juices.
The time difference may make it a little confusing though. When I looked at the site at midday they were up to 'Self Portrait Saturday' so that's where I started. Now they are up to 'Show Off Sunday' so I guess I'll always be a day behind AU time unless the new day's prompt is something I can do late at night. I couldn't come up with any 'show off' photos which I haven't already shared except the wedding photos, which I don't have permission to share yet, so I guess unless I come up with a new favourite in the morning, then my constant showing off will just have to do :)
So here's my self portraits. 2 of them because I couldn't decide which I preferred. Taken under challenging conditions.
Today Graham went to a car meet with his new car club and I stayed home with Alex. I was looking forward to going as it was a BBQ and I thought I'd get some nice photos but Alex slept late so I told Graham to go without us. As it was Graham had trouble finding the place so missed out on the BBQ anyway.
What has this got to do with my self portraits? Well Graham took my camera and both my wide angle zoom lenses. So I was left with the backup camera, which is still good but slower than I'm used to, and the prime lenses or the big zoom. To take photos in this house I really need a wide angle lens, nothing to do with my weight, I just can't back up far enough for most shots with the other lenses. I could have gone outside (would have had better light) but Alex was asleep and has super hearing so I didn't want to risk opening the back door and waking him. It was bad enough that the cameras self timer beeps as it counts down and with the camera having to be on the opposite side of the room to fit me in the frame I was pushing the button and having to run on tippy toes to get into position for the shot. It was all quite funny really.
So here's me today. Taken with the 50mm 1.8 prime and Canon 10D. No makeup, I forgot that bit but I did brush my hair sometime today :)

No comments: