Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A red balloon kinda day.

Lots of photos today!
but first the news in brief for my parents.
Hi Mom and Dad. If you're reading this I guess you've left Spain and are back in England. Your Spanish trip isn't on the itinerary you left me so I don't know when you're back.
Happy Mothers Day! I meant to do a blog on Sunday to say that but I was waiting until I got a card from Alex first because I didn't want to do an entry complaining about not getting a Mother's Day card. I kept making very direct hints leading up to Mothers Day that I wanted a card from Alex. I'm sentimental and that's the sort of thing I would have saved. Of course I didn't get a card (or breakfast in bed etc) because apparently he had left if at his Dad's work. So I waited to see if the card would come home with Graham yesterday but it didn't. I did get some flowers yesterday though. In a way I can really appreciate a man who knows that flowers are reduced to half price the day after Mother's Day :) I did get my scissor set a few weeks ago for Mother's Day but a card would have been nice.
We are all well. Alex has a bit of a cold but it isn't slowing him down, it's just messy. He probably caught it from someone at the hospital on Friday. He isn't eating breakfast and lunch very well but is catching up nicely at dinner. He is just too busy to eat during the day.
Critchon is happy. He is hanging around with us more and more rather than hiding in the laundry. At night he is crying up and down the hall when he wants Tilly to play with him (and she is asleep) and we have had one incident of him stealing bones from the kitchen bench. He is spending most of the day outside and is getting filthy rolling in the dirt. Yesterday when he came in I brushed him down with my hands and when I washed them the sink ended up brown. When Alex goes out to play Critchon hangs around too but so far Alex isn't very good at gentle pats. Today I caught him dragging Critchon backwards by the tail. Critchon is being very tolerant though and doesn't even run away when Alex does things like that. Critchon has taken over his lounge chair again but he is almost to big for it now. Yesterday he tried the back of the lounge but it collapses under him. He still likes being held upside down and reaches up and pats out faces when we hold him.
Tomorrow we are going to camera club and R & R are babysitting. A little worried about that as we still haven't been able to pin down what time they are getting here and if they know their responsibilities. If there's any problem we will just take Alex with us in the end. We are hoping to get over early enough to water your pot plants first.
Spoke to Bonnie yesterday and we are going to catch up next week.
Had a bit of a panic last night. Turned the computer on and all my mail was gone. Probably the result of Alex turning the power points off while I was using the computer. That's not all, my web browser was stuffed, photoshop is complaining about missing files, I need to reinstall my graphics tablet and various history and shortcut lists are blank. I've recovered my mail, hard to know if any is missing so if you emailed me yesterday I didn't get it. I now have to set up my mail preferences again including my junk folder cause today it's been junking mail that wasn't junk.
Ok photo time.
Critchon making himself at home. He is such a big boy now.


Tilly loves Critchon's bed.

Alex is loving hats now, he even sleeps with this one. He got the balloon from the hospital Friday and it's lasting well. It was a nice day, most of the washing dried and it wasn't cold. The new lawn is looking brown now the green tops have been mown off but the old lawn is still green. Alex gets lots of mowing practice.

Alex 'playing' with Critchon. Yes that's Alex's foot kicking Critchon (what aim!). Naturally I didn't let him do that again.

Both boys playing in the dirt.

Critchon all fluffed up after meeting the dog next door again. He wasn't really bothered but Alex had followed Critchon 'round the side and was terrified when the dog barked. So much so he forgot how to walk and tried to crawl away.


Alex found a new game. He turned his lawn mower over, picked bits of grass out of it and put them in the cuffs of his Dad's tousers on the line. Over and over. It was cute until he decided it was more fun to fill my shoes with grass, while I was wearing them.



Alex got his hands dirty and tried to brush them off on the fence. He ended up with a hand full of splinters. Hopefully he wont do that again. I've taught him to rub his hands together to brush them off.

I've heard so many camera club judges complain about photos of snotty nosed kids but never had any of my own. So here's some snotty nosed photos this Mom is proud of. Alex isn't a snotty kid. I think this is his 4th cold and in between colds he just doesn't have the running nose thing happening, not even while teething. Drool is a different story!





No comments: