Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Blue suede shoes

Alex has new shoes. Blue suede shoes. Second hand and cheap but barely any wear in them.
They are a size 7 and probably not wide enough for him to wear for any length of time but for now they will keep his feet warm and dry outside until we can get him fitted again. I can't believe how wide and high his feet are. Actually the length is pretty close too. How can a 2yo need bigger than size 7 shoes?
I can't believe it's May already. The next few weeks will be busy.
Mom and Dad are heading off on their holidays next week so Alex wont get to see them for a while. I'm trying to get Elin's birthday pressy ready in time for them to take with them and I've already given Mom her Mother's Day pressy and Dad his Birthday pressy because they wont be here for them. I'm trying to get some video of Alex burnt to DVD for the family and Alex has collected some of his recent photos into a brag book for Nagga and Grumpy to take with them so they wont forget what he looks like.
Crichton will be coming back to visit for a while so we have to work out our battle plan. Not used to having 2 cats here anymore and Crichton isn't used to Alex though he did let Alex kiss him on the weekend. We'll have to be careful reintroducing him to Tilly and we'll have to keep him in for a few days and hope he doesn't run away the first chance he gets. Then we'll have to work out how Crichton can have his outdoor freedom without Tilly getting out and he'll have to put the neighbours cats back in their place.
Alex finally has an appointment to see the speech therapist next week so I'm waiting for him to burst into full, clear, sentences the day before. Then he has his 2yo corrected birthday on Mother's Day this year. I keep showing him catalogs and dropping hints but so far there's no sign of him taking his Dad shopping.
Alex climbed up on the chair stack but then couldn't get down on his own. Check out the funky shoes and the old family heirloom jacket.

My grevillea flower is almost fully out finally and looking a bit more golden. I've never seen a flower open this slowly before. I've been watching this flower for weeks! Still disappointed with the golden part of the 'golden lyre' name but I think I've worked out the lyre part. The flowers are so heavy they are bending the branches right over like a lyre birds tail spreading out.

No comments: