Friday, April 27, 2007

Push the little daisies

Alex had his first corn on the cob tonight.
I remember when my brother had his first corn on the cob. He was younger than Alex at the time but he loved it.
For some reason I thought Alex would love it too so I had the camera ready to catch the big moment.
Nope, he hated it.


Today was a bit cold and soggy still but it wasn't raining so Alex got to play outside. Yah!
My new
grevillea has 2 flowers almost fully out now. The flower is a lot more lime green than I expected from a plant called 'Golden Lyre'. I expected gold.
Still it could look stunning when I have a plant full of flowers, one day. The weird thing is the flies really seem to like it. There were flies on both flowers.


Alex said 2 new words today. The first thing he did when he got outside was make a beeline for some dandelions on the lawn. He picked one, showed it to me and said 'flower' quite clearly then smelled it. Later he went up to the grevillea and said flower again.
He also said 'star' today. He loves drawing but today he wanted me to draw as well. So I drew a star and said star for him. He kept saying 'more' and I kept drawing stars until he started saying 'star'. What a clever little boy!

Alex and his flower!



and we had some more mowing.

some clever climbing


How grown up does my little man look when you can't see his fine baby hair?


Telling me that the clothes line goes 'round and 'round and then he discovered he had a broken nail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Researching Grevillea "Golden Lyre" for my Gondwanaland garden - came across your pics. The close up with the fly is a triumph. Congratulations. Robyn Williams.