Friday, April 20, 2007

Mow mow mow your lawn

Now for my photos from today.
First here's the first crop of beans growing on my coffee plant. I am so excited about these. I planted this when we first moved in so it's nearly 6 years old now (Thursday was 6 years for the house) and this year is the first we have even had flowers. I have no idea how long they will take to ripen but I check them every day. Once they start colouring up I guess I'll hit google and do some research so I know what comes next.

Alex mowed the lawn for me today and I followed him with the camera. I wanted to take some fun, colourful and relaxed photos. I really needed to get away from my whole 'perfectionist' style after stressing over perfect photos for camera club. So these have hot spots, vignetting, blury bits, crooked horizons and lens distortion :)
I used the 10-20mm lens which is great for landscapes but not very practical for chasing a toddler. I really had to be within touching distance to get enough of him in the shot and the problem then is that he can touch too. We had a few dirty fingers on the lens and I don't have a UV filter to protect this lens yet. I wanted to use this lens though for it's ultrawide type distortion to give these shots a bit of an 'unreal' look. It's a fun lens.
Alex had fun too.






No comments: