Friday, April 06, 2007

ouchies again

Alex's latest trick is to do laps of the lounge room without touching the floor. He does loops on the furniture and so far the only response to our attempts to teach him not to is he now waits until we aren't looking before he does it.
Yesterday while I was in the kitchen making his breakfast he went straight to the coffee table to start his laps and he fell. I don't know if it was because he was still sleepy and uncoordinated or if it was his slippery socks because usually he doesn't fall. He gave himself a fright because I heard him scream from the kitchen and ran out to find him on the ground. He cried long enough for me to kiss it better then he wanted to climb up again! It looks like he hit the corner of the coffee table on the way down (with his head). Initially he had a corner shaped dent then the swelling started but it was a while before the graze showed as well.
I wanted to keep an eye on him so I let him stay up past his usual nap time and he was fine then he napped for 3 hours!
I took photos to email to his Dad to let him know what he would be coming home to last night :)

Here's some more cheerful photos.
I had 332 prints delivered yesterday from the lab. I hadn't ordered any prints for Alex's album since before Xmas so it was a bigger than usual order. Took me a while to sort through them but these are some of the pics I had printed.

Trying to fill Moms shoes and trying to run away from the camera.

A bit of brush work on an old photo and playing with one of my studio lights.

Climbing on his Ikea chair and flying!

Stacking toys on the window ledge and wet after being out in the rain.

No comments: