Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sick little girl

I love the photo of Mom's roses from yesterday so tonight for a creative release I scrapped a page for them.

Today has been a very long day after a very long night.
Alex didn't nap today. I tried but the first time I put him down the doorbell rang and then the phone and the second time Graham came home just as he had gone quiet. So each time he started complaining and had to get up again.
Tilly is sick so it's been harder than ever to stop Alex bothering her. She is feeling all sooky and just wants a lap to cuddle in but I can't sit with her without Alex climbing all over her.
Last night Tilly didn't look right and by 2am she was throwing up. I have good hearing so when she threw up in the hallway at 5am it woke me and I had to get up in the cold and clean it up. I thought about pretending I hadn't heard but I knew if I didn't clean it up she was try to cover it up and just spread it around. The evil me thought about waking Graham to clean it up but in the end I remembered I'm the Mom and Mom's get the yucky jobs so I got up and cleaned up and tucked her into her bed.
This morning we found she'd been sick on the rug too at some stage so I got to clean again. She was sick 3 more times before midday which earned her a trip to the vets. She had a shot to stop her chucking and is now on antibiotics.
It's been an expensive day. First the vets and then Graham had to buy some new computer bits 'cause his PC died last night.
The good news is Alex went down tonight without a fuss and ate well today.

No comments: