Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lots of photos

About time I did an update. Been a bit busy with photos and wedding invitations lately (as well as the usual Alex).
The long weekend was nice but we didn't get half what we wanted done. The rain didn't help though Graham still got the car washed. The people who were coming to look at Graham's car didn't turn up and haven't called. There were another couple we were going to see about swapping the car but when we tried to get Alex in Graham's car he had a screaming fit so we couldn't go. We will try again next weekend and have arranged to meet them half way so if Alex screams all the way, it's only half as long. The scream is painful but something we can all survive as long as he doesn't reach the throwing up stage. I don't think anyone would wont Graham's car if they see it with fresh vomit. Not that we will force the issue if Alex screams again next time we try. If it comes to that Graham will go on his own and have to make a decision without me. Thing is I'm better at spotting the details, like previous repaired damage, early rust and I have a better ear for engines so Graham values my opinion on cars.
We didn't make it to Krispy Kreme last night for National Premmie Day which I'm really disappointed about. Not because I was dying for a doughnut but because there really wasn't much happening to mark the day and I wanted to show my support where I could. Graham got home late and by the time he came home Alex was asleep. We could have woken Alex up and gone but by then there was only an hour before the event finished and it would have taken 40mins to get there.
Alex got a parcel from Nagga and Grumpa yesterday. He loved opening it and was still playing with the tissue paper today. He got some beautiful clothes that should fit him next summer (I hope) and some pencils and left handed scissors (for later). I got some of the Boots No7 moisturiser I was after.
Spent a while on the phone to Jim tonight, on speaker phone. Alex was fascinated by the voice in the phone. I told him it was a little man in there. He kept waving to him but I don't think he believed me. I've had no luck teaching him to say Uncle Jim or even just Jim. Alex has a book of photos he likes to look at and his favourite is a group photo of Graham and myself, my parents and Jim. Alex will point to each and I have to name them but he always skips Jim. If I ask him to show me each by name he will point to them and even point to feet, eyes etc for me but he wont do Jim. It's like he wont identify someone he doesn't remember. I tried to get my web cam working so Jim could see Alex but I haven't got it happening yet. Still a few more things to iron out on my PC and Graham hasn't got anything like that reinstalled yet.
Alex likes to play pretend phones. Anything roughly shaped like a phone will work. He has tried remotes, shoes (and socks), blocks etc but the cutest was last night when he saw some junk mail advertising phones. He picked it up to his ear and said hello :)
Ok here's some photos. As the mud has dried up a bit I wanted to get some photos of Alex on his bike outside but he wasn't interested. Seems outside is for toy lawnmowers and chasing the cat and the bike is only for inside. I wish he'd told me before I struggled to get it outside whilst keeping the cat inside and Alex from falling down the stairs.

I've been wanting to get a good photo of Alex's eyelashes. He has such long lashes but they are so fair they come out like this.

Something I made for Alex. It has pictures of things he can say with the numbers still for counting. He loves opening the inner flaps.



How cool are these tiger socks. Alex growls at them. We had to move up to the bigger boys clothes on the weekend to find some socks to fit him and they are all so serious looking. These were the most colourful/fun socks I could find. These are size 5-8 and only just fit. It's silly, some of his trousers are still size 1, most of his tops are size 1 or 2 but his feet are huge!

This is where Alex shouldn't be! I try to stop him climbing on the lounge, especially as the first thing he usually does up there is hit the cat and the second is take the light bulb out of the lamp. He was looking out the window at a dog on the footpath but it's things like this that end in bruises!

Here's some photos from the other weekend with Tom. I think Tom was a little frustrated with Alex's weight :)

No Alex wasn't punching Tom it just looks like that.

Alex's eyes are stunning when they catch the right light. I can't believe how grown up he looks some times.

I love this photo of the boys in the 'spa'. Tom is really hamming it up and Alex looks like he is peeing in the spa.

Why are toddlers so facinated by pegs?

This is what happens to little boys who mess with Mom's folding laundry trolley.

I had the lights set up for Tom but took some snaps of Alex in all his scruffy glory while I was at it. Wrinkled clothes, messy hair, bruised face and all.

Graham will kill me if he sees these :)
I got him to sit in the sweet spot while I checked my exposure and lighting.

No comments: