Friday, June 01, 2007

Funny faces

Just a quick update to give me a break from photo editing. I'm down to the final 50 from Tom's photo shoot on the weekend but as I can only work on them when Alex is asleep it means I'm trying to cram it all in at night and right now, I need a break before I go blind!
Actually I should just go to bed new.
Tonight has been our 4th good night in a row with Alex (touch wood). It's too soon to hope that we have this screaming/chucking problem sorted, especially when he does it during the day if he thinks he doesn't want a nap, but things are definitely looking up.
We need to work on his waking process once the sleeping is sorted though. He used to be so good when he woke up. Half the time we wouldn't even know he was awake unless he was 'talking' to his teddy. Now he goes from sleep to instant screaming when he wakes. If left too long the screaming becomes the 'I'm going to throw up' cough. Sometimes he starts with a fake cough before the screams and he throws everything in his bed out. Teddys, pillow and blanket. He has really good aim too, he throws them at his baby monitor, there by guaranteeing maximum noise. Then he screams he head off because he can't reach his teddy. Mind you we get the same tantrums when he is playing if he can't reach things he wants. It has been easing a bit this week, maybe because he has had more sleep.
The really good thing though is his eating. After sooooo long struggling to get enough food into him he is now eating practically everything I offer him (touch wood). 3-5 meals a day with snacks and milk. I really hope this keeps up. It certainly is a load off my mind and so nice not to be throwing food out all day. He still prefers bought food to home cooked and he demands the TV on to eat, which I hate. Not too bad during the day when something like playschool is on but at night not even the ads are kid safe.
I can see the difference the extra food is making already. His face is filling out again. Any weight change shows in his face first. Oh and he is heavy! Last night he curled up in my arms and I had to carry him to bed and it was a struggle (much easier when he is 'sitting' on my hip).
I wanted to get a photo to show the different in his face. Just a snap shot in his highchair before he went to bed tonight. Of course he started being a clown and I was worried he wouldn't calm down enough to go to bed.
Check out this series of snaps. Such a funny little man.



The 'raw' patch down the side of his tongue is really noticable tonight.

He is coming out with all sorts of new words, mainly just copying us rather than using them correctly, but his understanding is amazing.
Tonight he was standing in front of the TV with his back to me, way too close as usual, and ignoring us telling him to move back or sit down. So I said 'where's your nose Alex' and he touched his nose. We then went through ears, hair, mouth, feet, hands, belly and back to nose. He did them all perfectly with his back to me and without showing any other sign he was listening. I've never done all that with him before and didn't even know he knew feet, hands and belly. We don't do eyes because he pokes himself :) Graham didn't see him do it so I had to ask him to do it again and he did!

No comments: