Thursday, June 07, 2007

On your bike!

It's raining, it's pouring!
It's been raining since about 3am. Lovely heavy rain. The new gutter is holding up beautifully but the gutter outside Alex's window is over flowing again. It's always been a problem, might be the best place for a water tank.
Alex's new bike arrived today but he couldn't play outside. Crichton couldn't play outside either. So one of them spent the day avoiding the other.
Tilly seems a bit better, hasn't been sick at all today but she wont eat the chicken mince the vet prescribed.
Alex got new shoes too, some black boots for Winter, size 7.5F. How can a 2yo have such big feet! At least the boots give him the extra mm he needs to reach the pedals on his bike :)
Alex has a new word today, 'noodle'. We've just had noodles and Thai red curry for the 3rd night is a row (it's yummy and I have a lot of chicken mince to use up) and Alex loves the big thick noodles. He likes spicy food too. Only problem is we smell of curry now. It's oozing out of our skin. I'm surrounded by the scent of fenugreek and curry leaves.
Graham and I are both (still) repairing our computers. Graham has had an ongoing problem since his main hard drive died. He bought a new one and found he didn't have a cable for it so he got a cable the next day and then found he didn't have a spare connection for the cable and then he couldn't find his windows key or remember his admin password :)
I'm trying to back up my 2 full drives to 2 300GB external drives but finding it extremely slow. I didn't realise external USB drives were so slow. Then I have to rearrange my partitions to make better use of the space I have and still keep a back up of everything.
It took 4.5 hours this morning to copy one small drive.
I now have 1680GB of hard drive space on my PC and it's mostly full! I've been burning off photos to DVD whenever I can but I need quick access to my photos and filed away on DVD is not quick. So I keep quite a few on the HDs. I got back over them so often. The other major hard drive filler is my scrapbooking files. Then there's video files. Even when I've burnt off a DVD of Alex's latest starring role I still like to keep the raw video files on hand. Alex likes to watch them too :) The latest video footage of Alex is over 35GB!

Just the one photo. Until I've got my PC all sorted I don't really have hard drive space to work on photos.
Alex on his new bike.
This is the lowest the handle bars and seat go. He needs his boots on to reach the pedals when they are all the way down. There's a long parents handle that goes on the back to push him around and the steering can be locked so he can't turn when we're pushing him. Hmmm let's hope he doesn't discover he can put the brake on while we're pushing.
There's also a sun shade that goes over the top for long rides. I wonder if it would keep the rain off?

3 comments:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

I love your latest photo of Alex - and his new bike!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jodi Devine said...

Go Alex! Cool bike!

Love Jodi and Tom
xx

Polished Peripherals said...

Thanks girls!