Thursday, March 29, 2007

Take a walk in my shoes

Last night we went out to dinner with Tom and his family! Tom is Alex's 'virtual twin'. The two boys were born just a week apart in date and gestation and they have so much in common.
Alex was a bit quieter than usual, almost shy. I think he was a bit surprised to meet someone as bright and chirpy as Tom. Normally Alex is the life of the party and here was someone who could out do him! I was very impressed to see another lively child. I've become used to seeing Alex as the active one and I was starting to worry if he was too 'hyper' as he is always seems more active than other children. I don't know where these prems get their energy but it sure is impressive.
The two boys shared some drawing and some food, whether they were meant to or not. Alex kept helping himself to Tom's chips. Tom is such a neat eater compared to Alex who had food every where.
We took some photos of course.



Then when we got in last night Alex showed his Dad what he had been up to all day. He spent a large part of the day trying on our shoes and walking up and down the hall in them. A lot of the time he only wore one shoe but never did he wear a mismatched pair. Finally he decided he liked my pink Crocs best. He tends to wear just one, on the wrong foot and even back to front but it doesn't stop him walking around in it.
So last night he grabbed his teddy, my pink shoes and went for a walk around the house.

The TV was showing an ad for nappies so he had to stop to see the baby.

While I've been typing this Alex has come in to see me with one pink shoe on and asked for a kiss. Such a cutie!

1 comment:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Sounds like the two boys had a ball. Like you I sometimes wonder if my boys are too hyper when I see them scooting about while their cousin sits quietly. But I love their energy. I love their requests for cuddles all the time what ever I am doing. And I love the smiles they give me that show me that they love their lives.

Hugs,
Lisa