Thursday, February 22, 2007

I love a sunburnt country

Well I was all set for a good chat session tonight for the Austprem weekly chat. I had dinner finished, Alex was fed, bathed and in bed, and I had a drink and a cadbury creme egg ready. It was the biggest crowd I've ever seen in chat too. Then it crashed. For a while there I was talking to myself and even wondering if I was the butt of some 'lets all keep quiet for 5 mins and see what she does' joke, then the chat window dropped me out. Since then I haven't been able to connect to the web site to get into chat and there's been no emails on the Austprem list so I'm guessing it's not just me. Actually I couldn't connect to the VIC Triumph car club either and I'm pretty sure they use the same server so things aren't going too well down in VIC tonight.
So instead I've made an effort to go through some of my backlog of photos.
Today we went to the beach. The same little bay the we've been to before, nice and safe and quiet for Alex. This time I was prepared for Alex to want to swim and I made the great sacrifice of my dignity by wearing a swimsuit but he wasn't interested. Last time he went straight in, dragging Graham, and he would have probably kept going except Graham didn't want to get his clothes wet. This time I was ready to get wet and Alex wasn't. He had fun playing with a bucket of water and a watering can and he loved climbing up and down the stairs.
It will take me a while to go through all the photos so here's just a few starting at the end of the day. Still not sure I have my monitor calibrated correctly so these colours might be wrong.

It's going to be a while before he can drink from the bubbler.



All that water behind him and he prefers the bucket.


That's all my sunburnt face can handle for now. Funny I always thought it was sunburnt as in 'I love a sunburnt country' but spell check wants to make it sunburned. Doesn't quite sound the same 'I love a sunburned country'. Yep I got sunburnt. I put 15spf before we went and 30+spf when we got there, thick goopy layers and lots on my face. Of course now my face in sunburnt, even where I had my sunglasses on and I had the camera in front of my face half the time. My legs which didn't have any sunscreen on and haven't seen the sun in years didn't get any colour at all though and Alex is fine. He has fairer skin, had the same sunscreen on and even got fully dunked in the water but he is still beautifully white. Weird. So my eyes are burning and I'm not going to look at any more photos tonight.

2 comments:

Jodi Devine said...

I too thought something was going on as I only seemed to be chatting with myself.

Hey, join chat on Sun. Bec because I am hosting.

Love the pics too - Alex looks like he had soooo much fun!

Jodi

Polished Peripherals said...

glad it wasn't just me :)
I'd be there Sunday. Otherwise I'll get chat withdrawals.