Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Alex!

Happy Birthday Alex!
I can't believe he is 2!
Alex got some lovely birthday pressies including some beautiful clothes from England. I'll have to get some photos of him with his new clothes and toys soon.
Last night we had a quick visit to his Grandparents and Grandma gave Alex a toddler sized broom. Today he swept the whole house! It was OK except that the bristles on the broom are very stiff and scratch the floor and he kept turning it over so the back of the broom head would bang along the floor. Still it was OK, it was his birthday so I was very tolerant :) The cat got all excited with Alex running around so she took to galloping up and down the hall, attacking the furniture at the end. That got to me so I shut her up in the laundry for some time out. I found out why she has been sicking up a bit lately, she has been eating the plant in my fish bowl! I thought she was only after the fish but today I noticed the plant isn't really dieing off, it's been eaten off.
Anyway Alex got all hot and red running around so once he worked out he could use his new broom to hit the doors and walls we both needed time out and he ended up in bed for a much needed nap. Left to his own devices he just wont slow down so I try things like story time or food time to give him a break and if that doesn't work it usually means he is over tired so the cot is best place for him and he just goes straight to sleep.
Tonight his Dad came home with a birthday cake! It hadn't occurred to me to make a cake because if we have any sort of party for Alex it wont be until next week. So a shop bought cake was good enough for a few photos to mark the occasion.
I know the family will say there's too many photos again but I don't think there can ever be too many photos of my little Superman!
He wasn't at all sure what to do with the whole cake and kept trying to grab the candle. He poked his finger all the way through to top a few times :)
He wasn't too sure about eating the cake either but usually he'll try anything once.

What a look!




I think he worked out it's a shop cake.

1 comment:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Happy birthday beautiful boy!
You sure have come a long way,
Hugs,
Lisa
mum to Mitch & Harry
(one of your Mummy's Austprem friends)