Saturday, November 04, 2006

snap

A quick update before I start packing up my gear ready for tomorrows shoot. The batteries are all charged and I've spent most of the day working on my business forms and paperwork whenever Alex was asleep.
Firstly here's an interesting comparison. This is the photo of Alex from the other day and a photo of me as a toddler. Do you think there's a similarity? Finally I'm starting to see something of myself in Alex rather than all Graham.
Alex's hair is getting the same little curls at the back too.


And while we're on similarities. Here's me with Dad many many years ago (yep they had colour back then) and Alex with my Dad.

This evening I was watching Alex playing in the dining room and he was being cute as usual but I was resisting the urge to take photos of him because I know as soon as the camera comes out he'll head the other way. It was a dull wet day and the sun was going down so there was very little light but Alex was playing by the window with his cubes. He worked out if he rubs his cubes on the lower window pane it makes a lot of noise (it's textured glass). I couldn't resist for long. I got one shot of him with his cubes before he headed off to the kitchen, hall, TV, bedroom - basically anywhere but in the light.
I played around with my camera for a while, checking out some different settings in anticipation for tomorrow, and eventually Alex came over to see what I was doing and demanded a lift onto the lounge.
Then we had fun! Alex went backwards and forwards across the lounge, looking out the window and rolling the cat up in her blanket. I stayed at the window and kept trying to get him to pause in the light. I'm loving that spot for photos with the last of the days sun. The dark wall behind makes a nice backdrop. I have to bump up the iso and go for a slow shutter to get enough light which can make for some grainy photos with motion blur. It's very hard to get any photos there without some area of motion blur, at least with a very active toddler, but I like how they turned out.
Here's Alex playing with his cubes and Tilly enjoying the last of the sun in unsuspecting peace and quiet.

and here's Alex spoiling Tilly's peace. First he rolled her blanket over her which she didn't mind. Then he tried to pull the cushion off the back of the lounge and she fell down the back.



Here's a shot of him from behind showing the window. He can look but not reach with this window.

Then he went into the corner where it was dark and flopped down on the cushions to show how his Dad watches TV.

1 comment:

Jodi Devine said...

I do believe it looks like Alex has your lips and side profile! Good luck with your photo shoot - Enjoy!
Jodi :)