Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another day another beach

Well it's about time I did an update.
I've been flat out working photos for clients and when I have work like this on all photography for myself is put on hold, along with blogs and email and most of my life :)
Last night I sent the latest proofs off for developing and they aren't due back until tomorrow and then I'll have to print up some documents, bind the lot and send off an order for the next persons prints.
So today I had 'free' to do something for myself.
Alex and I went off to Bondi with Mom and Dad to see the sculptures and I was all set to take a lot of arty photos but we got there and it was packed, no parking anywhere. So we went to Parsley Bay. It's a perfect little beach for toddlers with picnic area and playground. It was beautiful and peaceful. Alex had fun on the beach and I still got to take photos.
Not sure when I'll have time to go through all the photos but here's some I've had a look at tonight.




In other news we have a new family member.
Meet Ember.

Meet Embers wannabe best friend.

Ember was called Rigel 2 but he looks nothing like the first Rigel so he gets a name of his own now.
I used to have a blue Siamese fighting fish called Rigel who lived in a bowl on the dining table. Until the cat called Gremlin ate him.
Recently Mom filled the fish bowl with some roses so I spent a week looking at the fish bowl on top of the TV unit thinking how nice it would be to sit and watch a fish in there. I thought Alex would like a fishy too and as Gremlin is no longer with us I thought a fish would be safe from Gremlin 2 (Tilly) especially up near the ceiling on top of the TV unit.
So on Sunday I got my fish and a plant for him and set him up a lovely home. All Sunday night Tilly sat and watched him with her tail lashing and we decided that we couldn't trust her not to find a way up to him.
So now Ember sits on my desk and the door stays shut when I'm not in here.
He is a happy little fish, very active and hungry. Alex loves watching him and makes fishy noises at him.

Alex is coming up with more and more surprises every day. It's amazing how much he is picking up just from watching us. On the weekend Graham taught him to blow, just air pfffft through his mouth, ready for his next birthday candles. Then yesterday he picked up a tissue while I was changing his nappy, held it over his nose and blew into it (with his mouth). We have never tried to teach him to blow his nose so it's something he has picked up just from seeing me do it. Such a clever little boy but we are going to have to be careful what we do and where we put things because he sees everything.

No comments: