Sunday, November 04, 2007

Photos from September

Alex and I are about to go outside and play with Tilly (the rain has stopped) so I'll upload these photos quickly before I shut down. I've got a min while Alex finds his shoes and hat.
These were taken in September at Wisteria Gardens. I took all my camera gear with high hopes for some great photos but faulty equipment got the better of me. This was the day I finally gave in and the camera (20D) went off for repair the next working day.
These were taken with the 10D because I couldn't use the 20D (still had to lug it around all day) and with the faulty lens I had no control over aperture. It wasn't just like it was a fixed aperture cause I couldn't even tell what it was set to. I was using the ISO and SS to try and control the light but still had a lot of problems with blow outs and couldn't control my DOF as I would have liked. There's a ribbon cable inside the lens that had snapped. It still focused fine but the other controls weren't working. Now I have to wait until next years Wisteria Gardens open day to get some of the shots I wanted.




This is what happens when you shoot into the sun with infrared and no effective camera controls.

and here's the broken part of the coffee machine. Had to take a photo, it was hard to believe that something could just snap like that, after just 3 years. The replacement parts are working but leak so not as good as it used to be :(

No comments: